Then my personal life went all tits up! I moved back home to Lincoln and found myself yet again jobless. (GREAT!!) Then I caught a break, the local college hired me for a maternity cover contract in the Marketing department but I was also involved in PR and Events too. I found I had a knack for events planning. I loved it. I strived. I was successful. But then I panicked at the thought of being unemployed when my contract ran out. I started looking for other jobs. I got offered a job at the council. More money but not creative at all. Nightmare. I wanted out. Then one Friday afternoon when I was on the bus home I received a phone call. A creative company in Nottingham (I had been mentally chasing for any opportunities available) had called me and said there was a position going that I may be interested in. I looked at the spec. Perfect. Although there were some obstacles in my way. Lower pay, will need a car, commute from Lincoln until I move to Nottingham. But I decided that these opportunities don't come along very often so I went for it. I applied. I made my CV total 'them' and sent in a funny cover letter. It worked. I got an interview. I worked on the brief they had given me. I worked my god damn ass off. I went the extra mile. This was what I desperately wanted and I was going to put everything into it. They loved it. They were impressed. Now, interview day. I was nervous but ready to rock and roll and show them how perfect I was for this role. The interview lasted an hour and a half and I talked to a lot of the people in the company. I love them. This was for me. I wanted this role so badly. It went great and I was totally myself which was a first for me. I was totally full on crazy Becki and they still loved me. They offered me the job on the spot. I accepted. I couldn't stop smiling all weekend.
BEST DAY EVER!!!
I learnt that persistence, hard work, a positive attitude, stalking (oops) and being yourself really pays off when finding and landing your dream job and I genuinely believe I have found it. Say hello to the new Wondergirl at The Wonderland.

No comments:
Post a Comment